Meeting Notes 04-10-18
Nailstone Community Group Meeting Notes 04/10/18
Present: Sam, Phil, Janet, Alec, Bob, Jen, Steve, Deryck
- Sharon & Deryck are working on historical photos – hope to have a selection in next week.
Litter Pick – 13/10/18
- Daniel has organised the equipment from HBBC
- Meet 10am outside Bulls Head
Indulgence Day – 3/11/18
- Pete has arranged for 2 passes for Mallory Park on Boxing Day as prizes (plum pudding(?))
- Arrange leafleting missions at next week’s meeting
Pudding Club – Mon. 22/10/18
- Claire has spoons
- Steve has 30 pudding bowls
- 5 or more volunteers to make puddings
- All others can make donation
- Suggestion that group buy a microwave to be kept at pub for warming puddings, custard etc.
Tent – 20/10/18
- Suggestion that we could do a Skittles afternoon/evening on 21st as tent will be up and heating will be available
- Feeling that we don’t have capacity (time, energy, enthusiasm) to run this and delay taking down etc.
- Suggestion that we post idea on Facebook page in case anyone from the wider group would like to take it on.
Next Quiz Night – scheduled for Sat. 3/11/18
- This is the same date as the Indulgence Day. We will all be busy already.
- Jools is organising a Quiz night at the pub on 11/11/18 in memory of Simon.
- Suggestion that we cancel our event and support Jools instead.
- Phil has been working for an elderly couple on Bagworth Road. Socially isolated, husband has Alzheimer’s.
- Discussion about how we can help, befriend, include them and others.
- provide list of village activities and events, contacts etc.
- Alec to phone Ivan Ould to see if we can partner with county council work on this.