Nailstone Community Group Minutes 29.03.18
Present: Janet, Cath, Tony, Alec, Deryck, Sarah T, Tim and Sharon
- It was an excellent night out. Enjoyed by all and we should do it more regularly.
- Thank you Wendy for organising.
Easter Egg Hunt
- Sharon has made Easter bonnets and has enough buckets.
- Sharon has also done a quiz.
- Helpers to arrive from 12.45pm at the church for a briefing for setting up and running event.
- If weather dry, at 1pm ish then everything needs to be set up the same as last year. (Placing buckets with numbers in, around the garden.)
- Need people in the garden to facilitate the children exploring. Also need runners to replace the numbers once children have presented them to Sharon.
- Need people to do egg and spoon race.
- People who can help so far: Sharon, Janet, Cath, Deryck, Sarah F, Alec possibly.
- Sharon would like helpers to wear an Easter Bonnet if possible
- Children have to collect all the numbers, go into the church and show their tokens to Sharon who will then swap the numbers for an egg. Sharon will also hand out quizzes.
- Wendy (Sarah F’s mother in law) hopefully providing baskets for the children to collect their numbers in.
- If wet then things will need to be set up inside. Decision to be made when everyone has gathered to set up.
Actions – Easter eggs for Richard’s children – someone to confirm with Cath and Tony how many children Richard has as they have said they have extra eggs that they can give.
- Dog walk come rain or shine.
- Route is Battram Woods – same route as Christmas 2016.
- 10am congregate and 10.30am start for the walk. About 90 mins walk. Start at Tim and Sharon’s house.
Future Events Risk Assessments
- Cath has sent list of events to the Parish council, May and June events, which the Parish council have agreed to.
- In future, we will give them a pack three weeks before detailing if we needed any licenses, overview of event and any risk assessments.
Plug and Play
- Alec is going to endeavour to keep it going on the third Tuesday of every month.
- Need plenty of support to keep it going.
- 11th April – Sarah T to do facebook post as a reminder.
- Cath not able to make next book club but would like to keep in touch. Her book suggestion for the hat – The Rosy Project By Grahame Simsion. (But might be too similar to Boy made of Blocks.)
- Janet suggested Robert Goddard books.