Nailstone Community Group Minutes 12.04.18
Present: Janet, Bob, Tony, Deryck, Sarah T, Claire, Pete, Dan, Sarah F, Wendy, Sam, Phil, Tim, Alec, Nicki
Quiz – 21/04/2018
- Quiz is fully prepared – Thank you Tim.
- As usual £5 per team of up to 4 and £10 for the winner.
- Do a raffle.
Plug and Play
- Tuesday 17th April
- 8.30pm gathering
Actions – Dan will create event on Facebook.
1st Bank Holiday Event (May 5th)
- Sarah has messaged Rob at Street Scene HBBC. Very pleased that we are litter picking again.
- Dan will be point of contact for dropping of picker uppers and rubbish collection.
- Equipment ordered for 25 people.
- Council wants us to take loads of photos and they will support us.
Actions – Need big push advertising – Graphic? Message school and see if they want to get involved, Facebook event.
Late Bank Holiday
- Beer and skittles in marquee on the Saturday evening.
- Afternoon event possibly.
June – Tour de Nailstone
- Possibly Gate, Rising Sun and the Horse and Jockey.
Garage Sale – Saturday 30th June
- Need to agree central point to start
- Leaflet the event separately, put on village website, Facebook etc and see who wants to participate and then create map.
Actions –Needs to go in May graphic and approach Bob B to put sign on his grass so people going past village can see, contact other villages too?
- None reported at the moment.
- Parish clerk has put a notice up on parish website
- Need to encourage people to report any dog poo issues to street scene rather than Hinckley and Bosworth Council.
Actions – Tony to do Facebook post. Will photograph first spray to advertise campaign.
- Kathy is happy to resurrect but does not want to run it.
- Kathy will write a little bit for next newsletter.
- Kathy will do a walk around the village for those interested in history of village.
- Kathy already has a few ideas for initial tasks for the group.
Actions – Need to create a Facebook post about it.
Parish council will pay £100 towards printing of newsletters.
- Book club
- Litter pick
- History group
- Dan rang street scene – they will redo stencils and will put up more eye signs for dog poo.
- Speed Watch – 14th August? – Claire to remind them of location of Barton Lane
- Tim to organise visit to Snarestone church.