Click here to download a copy of the minutes
Nailstone Community Group Notes
Present: Sam, Deryck, Bob, Phil, Tim, Sharon, Cath, John, Nikki, Annie, Art, Alec
Catherine would like the next host to step forward in time for the first meeting next Wednesday and ideas for choice of next book. She will post a message on Facebook.
- Cath has bought some small and medium size eggs.
- Deryck has donated 90 small eggs
- Nothing yet for Richard & family as thanks for logo work
- Church has advertised egg hunt
- Parish Council have asked for risk assessment and traffic management plan by next Friday (16th)
- Cath keen to progress this.
- What have other groups done? Eg. Has Steve anything from Bagworth PC?
- Sam will ask Teresa(?) (Nut and Squirrel) – may be able to sign it off on the day.
- Sam has made FOI request to PC re. risk assessment and traffic management documentation provided by church for their events. Has also confirmed with H&B Events Co-ordinator that these docs are not required by them.
Rural Achievement Award – Community Engagement
- Cath has printed off the application form.
- No prize
- Must book 2 tickets @ £35!
- Andrew (Janet’s son) has looked at survey and agrees that about £100k work probably required.
- He won’t be able to offer significant amount of support but is happy to do what he can.
Use of Garden
- May scale back programme of events
- Requirement for detailed risk assessments and traffic management plans seems unduly onerous.
- Sam has sent HD and colour logos to Dan & Sarah
Bingo Night – 17th March
- Tim is happy to do the calling if no other offers.
- Not sure who has the (miniature) bingo equipment.
- Jim will ask Marlene if she can call.
Next Parish Council Meeting 28th March
If anyone would like to request items for the agenda they should let Helen know by 21st March.
Dog Walk – Good Friday
No need to bring your own dog.
The benches from the Village/Parish/Church/Millennium Garden/Meadow/Green have been refurbished by Tim and Dan. After a few finishing touches they can be reinstalled. Anyone wishing to help should contact Tim/Dan.
Sam has resigned from the committee. I’m sure we would all like to thank her for all her work and inspiration over the past year and hope she will continue to join our activities.