Meeting Minutes 07/06/2018
Nailstone Community Minutes 07.06.18
Present: Alec, Deryck, Janet, Sarah F, Pete, Dan, Claire, Bob, Sarah T, Phil, Sam
- Cheque gratefully received from Parish Council to contribute towards printing costs.
- Cash from bank of Tupperware to be banked and to keep £100 as a float.
- 15 people have signed up to the map so far.
- Advertised in Graphic.
- Next week make decision about flyer around the village for garage sale.
- Ask Dean at Graphic how much it would be to get a banner printed.
Action: Bob to speak to Ray about church and teas at garage sale.
First History Group Meeting
- A huge thank you to Kathy for a superb first event.
- £19.65 was donated to the church
- 29 people attended the history event.
- Next date to be decided when people back from holidays.
- Community group to donate £30 to poppies on lampposts.
Action – Sarah F to suggest Helen to contact school and WI to see if they wish to be involved in poppy sponsorship. Also community group to offer assistance with putting poppies up.
- 21st July – theme is local industries.
- Sharon is doing a flower display.
- Bill Crooks has sent through details of a grant available. Sarah F to forward details.
- Claire to find out pricing of tea towels, Christmas cards and calendar from Dean at graphic.
- Put photograph competition in the next newsletter – best 13 photos become the calendar.
- Possibly use historical pictures too.
- Residents are upset to see the state of the parish garden.
- Everything has been strimmed including the flower beds.
- Possibility of chemicals have been laid, white stuff visible, on herb plants.
Actions – Alec to email parish council about state of parish garden.
Litter pick and village today – Saturday 7th July.