Nailstone Community Group Minutes 05.04.18
Present: Deryck, Tim, Alec, Dan, Sam, Phil, Stephen, Tony, Sharon, Bob, Sarah T
Easter Event with the Church and Community Group
- Huge praise and thanks to Sharon for her superb work on the Easter Egg hunt.
- It was felt that the event went well. People seemed to enjoy themselves.
- It felt that the event was well supported from a help point of view. Many thanks to everyone.
- The event was very well attended possibly due to the poor weather preventing people from travelling further away at Easter weekend.
- 21 children took part compared to 15/16 last year. (Nice mix of children and grandchildren.)
- The bags that Wendy made were beautiful. She made about 25 bags and they had clearly taken a lot of time to make. People were very surprised to be able to take away such a lovely bag.
- Egg and Spoon challenge worked well as an added extra.
- Saturday 21st April is the next quiz. (Not 28th April as there is poker in the pub.)
- Alec has had suggestions from people that a weekday quiz night might be good – something to consider for the future.
First Bank Holiday
- Litter pick only.
- Go to the pub possibly afterwards for soup.
Late Bank Holiday – Beer and Skittles
- 26th/27th Event – Children events in the afternoon and then skittles in the evening and faggots and peas possibly from Inghams.
- Jim has confirmed that this will be fine with him and he will try and swing a bit of beer festival into it too.
- Dan will hand over Splat the Rat for someone to run.
- Tour de Nailstone – Meeting up and going on a bike ride to a pub somewhere.
- Claire suggested save until August .Everyone agreed.
- Needs to be well publicised and communicate with other villages too.
- See if we can link up with the church and organise a tea too.
Any other business
- Tony has been presented with Dog Poo spray, goggles and gloves to highlight any dog waste around the village.
- Dan to ring for stencils.
- If people see dog waste, alert Tony and he will spray it.
- Bob’s wife would like to know if there is any interest. Should we advertise on facebook like we did for Book Club?