A – NAME
The group’s name is Nailstone Community Group (hereafter referred to as ‘NC group‘)
B – THE PURPOSES OF THE GROUP ARE:-
To advance, improve, develop and maintain a sense of community and pride in the village of Nailstone by any means the Committee and Members see fit, including through the organisation of events open to everyone in the village.
C – CARRYING OUT THE PURPOSES
In order to carry out the purposes, the Committee has the power to: –
(1) Raise funds, receive grants and donations
(2) Buy or sell property, take on leases and employ staff
(3) Co-operate with and support other groups with similar purposes
(4) Do anything else within the law which is necessary to achieve the purposes
D – MEMBERSHIP
For the purposes of these rules, Members shall mean any person who:
(1) Has attended any NC Group Meeting during the previous 12 month period (other than as a guest)
(2) Has provided the Chairperson or Secretary with a valid email address for addition to the group’s Members email distribution list.
Every member shall have one vote.
No person shall be excluded from membership of the group or de-barred from being part of the Committee on the grounds of sex, race, colour, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability or political affiliation.
The Committee may admit to membership of anybody aged 18 and over who supports the purposes of the group. People who wish to become a member should apply to the Committee either in writing or at community group meeting. The Committee will keep an up to date membership list.
The Committee may expel someone from membership, provided it is in the best interest of the group to do so, and they are given the right to be heard by the Committee before the decision is made. They can be accompanied by a friend.
E – COMMITTEE
The NC Group shall hold regular meetings which are open to anyone interested in furthering the objects of the group. Those meetings are designed to make any decisions about the achievement of the objectives of the group.
The management of NC Group shall be in the hands of the following Officers: Chairperson, Vice Chair, Secretary, and Treasurer together with such other members who are in attendance at the time of any NC Group Meeting from time to time (‘The Committee’).
All arrangements for events and the control of the finances shall be in the hands of ‘ the Committee’; including delegation of powers to the Officers, the setting of financial controls and limits applicable to the operation of the groups bank account and assets.
(1) The Committee shall hold at least 6 meetings each year. They will elect a chair, treasurer and secretary at a Special General Meeting. Any Member can put them forward as an Officer
(2) At least 2 Committee members/officers must be at a committee meeting to enable to take decisions. Minutes/notes shall be kept for every meeting.
(3) The Committee must keep accounts which may be viewed by any member on request.
(4) The Committee may make reasonable additional rules for the proper conduct and management of the group. These rules must not conflict with this constitution or the law.
F – CONDUCT AND PROCEEDINGS OF NC GROUP MEETINGS
(1) Dates of NC Group Meetings is to be publicised to Members/Persons with at least 7 days advance notice of the meeting.
(2) The NC Group Meeting will discuss/consider any items on the agenda plus any other business.
(3) The Chairperson shall act as chair at the NC Group Meetings. If the Chairperson is absent from any meeting, the Vice Chair if present shall be chosen to chair before any other business is transacted.
(4) Every matter shall be determined by a simple majority of votes of the Members present.
(5) The Committee may from time to time make and alter rules for the conduct of their business.
(6) The meeting may appoint one or more sub-groups, consisting of three or more Members, for the purpose of making any enquiry or supervising or performing any function or duty which, in the opinion of the meeting, would be more conveniently undertaken or carried out by a subgroup; provided that all acts and proceedings of any such sub-group shall be fully and promptly reported to the NC Group Meeting.
G – ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING – AGM
(1) The AGM must be held every year, with 14 days’ notice given to all members
Advising what is on the agenda.
(2) There must be at least 6 members present at the AGM.
(3) The Committee shall present the annual report and accounts.
(4) Any member may put themselves forward for election as a Committee member at the AGM.
(5) Every member has one vote.
(6) Members shall elect between 3 and 10 members to the Committee. They will retire at the next AGM and may stand for re-election.
H – FINANCE
(1) Funds must be held in the group’s bank account, which shall be opened in the name of the Nailstone Community Group. All cheques must be signed by 2 Committee members.
(2) Funds cannot be used to pay Committee members except to refund legitimate expenses.
(3) Funds and property must only be used for the purposes of the group.
(4) The Society shall receive donations, grants in aid and financial guarantees. Tickets for any of its events shall be offered for sale to the public. Raffle tickets offered for sale to the public with a ‘small society lottery licence’.
I – ACCOUNTS
The financial accounts shall be audited or examined to the extent required by legislation or, if there is no such requirement, scrutinised by a person who is independent of the Committee and then submitted to the Members at the AGM.
J – SPECIAL GENERAL MEETINGS
Special General Meetings may be called by the Committee for the following reasons. All members must be given 14 days’ notice and told what change is proposed.
(1) Changing the Constitution – The constitution may be changed by a two thirds majority of members present and voting at a Special General Meeting.
(2) Emergency Special General Meetings – to allow the members to decide on important issues.
(3) Winding up – the group may be wound up by a two thirds majority of members present and voting at a Special General Meeting. Any money or property remaining after payment of debts must be given to a group with similar (charitable) purposes.
K – SETTING UP THE GROUP
This constitution was adopted on __________________ 20___ by the people whose signatures appear below. They will be the Committee until the first AGM, which must be held within one year of this date.
SIGN PRINT NAME ADDRESS