Category: Minutes

October 5th, 2018 by Na1lst0n3

Meeting Notes 04-10-18

Nailstone Community Group Meeting Notes 04/10/18

Present: Sam, Phil, Janet, Alec, Bob, Jen, Steve, Deryck

Calendar

  • Sharon & Deryck are working on historical photos – hope to have a selection in next week.

Litter Pick – 13/10/18

  • Daniel has organised the equipment from HBBC
  • Meet 10am outside Bulls Head

Indulgence Day  – 3/11/18

  • Pete has arranged for 2 passes for Mallory Park on Boxing Day as prizes (plum pudding(?))
  • Arrange leafleting missions at next week’s meeting

Pudding Club – Mon. 22/10/18

  • Claire has spoons
  • Steve has 30 pudding bowls
  • 5 or more volunteers to make puddings
  • All others can make donation
  • Suggestion that group buy a microwave to be kept at pub for warming puddings, custard etc.

Tent – 20/10/18

  • Suggestion that we could do a Skittles afternoon/evening on 21st as tent will be up and heating will be available
  • Feeling that we don’t have capacity (time, energy, enthusiasm) to run this and delay taking down etc.
  • Suggestion that we post idea on Facebook page in case anyone from the wider group would like to take it on.

Next Quiz Night – scheduled for Sat. 3/11/18

  • This is the same date as the Indulgence Day. We will all be busy already.
  • Jools is organising a Quiz night at the pub on 11/11/18 in memory of Simon.
  • Suggestion that we cancel our event and support Jools instead.

Good neighbours

  • Phil has been working for an elderly couple on Bagworth Road. Socially isolated, husband has Alzheimer’s.
  • Discussion about how we can help, befriend, include them and others.
  • provide list of village activities and events, contacts etc.
  • Alec to phone Ivan Ould to see if we can partner with county council work on this.

Posted in Minutes

September 28th, 2018 by Na1lst0n3

Nailstone Community Group Minutes 27.09.18

Present: Alec, Deryck, Janet, Dan, Sharon, Tim, Phil, Sam, Pete, Bob, Sarah T, Annie, Tony, Cath

Calendar

  • Nothing to report.
  • Change to a historic calendar.
  • Sharon will take ownership of project.
  • Kathy has loads of photographs to select from.

Litter pick

  • Dan is arranging equipment
  • Meet at 10am
  • Members who can do it: Janet, Alec, possibly Sarah T,

Indulgence Day

  • Cath has got fliers
  • Being delivered via graphic in Desford, Barlestone and Nailstone.
  • Bagworth, Ibstock and Newbold Verdon need doing.
  • Cath to put up a note up on facebook and we sign up to where we will do.
  • Wants the leafleting to happen a few weeks before hand.

Pudding Club

  • 4th Monday of each month (Last Monday of the month.)
  • Next meeting – Catharine, Lorna, Sarah F doing puddings.
  • Pudding club would like to build a collection of nice bowls so can people keep an eye for nice bowls.
  • Sharon’s facebook post said:

Last night we had a PUDDING CLUB in the side room of the Bulls Head, with a view to roll it out to everyone next time. The tables were gingham set, and five people brought puddings to share. We brought our own dishes and spoons then sampled each pudding: Janet brought a trifle: Alec brought an apple crumble made from his “Annie Elizabeth” apples; Tim brought apple and Nailstone blackberry crumble; Sam brought a Delia recipe bread and butter pudding and Tony made a tarte Normande (almonds sponge) made from Alec’s pears. All were delicious. So we want to repeat the event monthly on the 4th Monday of the month. We need 4-5 people to make and donate a pudding, with anyone welcome to come and have their pudding at the pub, making a donation to a charity(suggestions welcome) .
Nearer the time we’ll ask how many people would like to come and or donate, taking it in turns to make a pudding
Thanks to everyone who made a pudding and to Claire for making the room so nice and for making us welcome. It was a pleasant evening
👍🏻🍨

It would be good to build a quirky collection of pudding bowls to use- I’m sure many of us have one or two bowls that don’t match anything that could be donated… We decided this would be nicer and more environmentally friendly that plastic or paper bowls
Long post over
Almost – 
Kathleen Elkin could you post your picture please?’

 

  • Next time maybe we could choose a charity to donate to.

Christmas Tree Festival

Nailstone Community group have a window at the festival.

Sharon is already in discussion with Sally the florist.

Friday set up and open to the public on a Saturday.

Christmas Tree Trail

  • Not sure if this will go ahead this year but as a trial we, as the group, could decorate 12 windows in twelve of our houses themed in the twelve days of Christmas.
  • Sharon to put together some materials to show what she means.

Marquee 20th October

  • Shall we have a skittle event on the Sunday 21st?
  • Tim put forward and we all agreed that in the future, we ask for a bit of man power and a donation that the people hiring it think is appropriate.

Community Collection

  • Tim has suggested that once we have access to the shed we create a ‘community’ collection of things such as tools, hedge trimmer etc that households only use once in a blue moon but that we can all share and people make a small donation for that.
  • We might need to extend the shed.
  • Janet knows someone with a staff discount who works for a tool company.

The amplifier

  • Keep the amplifier at the Bulls Head so it is here for Bingo, Quiz night etc.

Parish Council

  • Trying to set up a process on the parish council website for people to report issues with lighting.
  • Dog poo – only one report in two months. Are conditions improving?
  • HGV Side – only one report over the last two months after Tony stepping back. Do we no longer have an issue?
  • Group and Parish council possibly need to bring these issues back into people’s minds.
  • Need to notify Tony if we see HGVs and dog poo.
  • Could we do a leaflet in the graphic do let residents know the process again? Or use the newsletter.

 

 

 

 

 

Posted in Minutes

September 28th, 2018 by Na1lst0n3

Nailstone Community Group Minutes 20.09.18

Present: Sam, Phil, Sarah F, Dan, Nicky, Sharon, Sarah T, Deryck, Tony, Cath, Stephen, Aelc

Calendar

  • Not had many photos sent in.
  • One final push this weekend.

Pudding Club

  • Monday 24th September – Starting at 7.30pm
  • Sam – Bread and Butter
  • Tim – crumble
  • Janet – trifle
  • Tony – Something with pears (Pears from Alec)

Event Dates

  • Macmillan coffee morning Friday 28th Sept at 11am – Does Claire need any cakes?
  • History walk and talk 29th Sept 10am
  • Quiz – Sat 6th Oct
  • Litter pick Sat 13th Oct
  • Church Macmillan coffee morning Sat 22nd Sept – Possibly 10am.
  • Date for the group diary 20th/21st October Alec’s apple day.

Finances

  • Sarah needs cheque signing as had the lottery renewal.
  • Cath has had some cheques in for indulgence day.

Indulgence Day

  • Fliers at graphic – some going in graphic in Desford etc.
  • Want to leaflet Nailstone and whole of Bagworth.
  • Cath trying to get event in more local papers.
  • Can we think of places that flyer can go for free?
  • People try and sell raffle tickets.
  • Cath looking into insurance.
  • Cath and Claire going to email places for raffle prizes. Have prioritised 15 places first of all then will approach more people.

Parish Council

  • Next meeting – Parish Council Wed 26th Sept at 7pm.
  • Helen has emailed Sarah about upcoming event – Older adult roadshow – free event Bagworth town Thursday 18th October
  • Free health check, seated exercise session, mini pamper session, Free bowl of soup and roll. First come first serve. Can meet and talk with Age Uk etc.
  • Sarah to create a book advertising the event.

Countyfile Children in Need Ramble

  • Possibility of linking to Dan’s walk.
  • Looking likely to be the 6th/7th

Any other buisness

  • Would group be happy to lend marquee out for party? (20th October)
  • Agreed that we will charge £50 and we would like them to help put up and take down.
  • Will need to go up on the Sat and then taken down on the Sun.

Posted in Minutes

August 17th, 2018 by Na1lst0n3

Nailstone Community Group Minutes 16.08.18

Present: Pete, Dan, Sarah F, Sam, Phil, Tim, Sharon, Jen, Janet, Bob, Sally, Rob, Nikki

Poppies for the lamppost

Cheque received by Parish Council, will be in touch if need help putting up.

Christmas

Dan has been in contact with the graphic for merchandise, quotes received for some items. Will depend on interest from Newsletter competition for cards & calendars.

Dates to be agreed for Songs around the tree, Santa’s Grotto & Over 65’ dinner

Nativity ready to go from last year – Tim to see if any more interest.

Indulgence Day

3rd November Bagworth

Zoe’s baby Hospice is the nominated charity

Quiz dates

1st September

Agreed 1st Saturday of each month

Church Events

22nd September MacMillan Event

18th August Church Fete

Newsletter

Send PDF for check Friday am & then to print, aim to deliver ASAP to promote Pub launch

Grant Information

Sally has shared latest grant available through & will continue to send each time it is updated.  All to review & decide if any that we would like to apply for

Tote

Jen raised whether there is enough interest in a Village Tote would need someone to take lead, would fund future events.

Posted in Minutes

July 21st, 2018 by Na1lst0n3

Meeting Minutes 19.07.18

Meeting Minutes 12.07.18

 

Posted in Minutes

June 25th, 2018 by Na1lst0n3

Link to Meeting Minutes 21/06/18

 

Posted in Minutes

June 20th, 2018 by Na1lst0n3

Meeting minutes 140618

Nailstone Community Group Minutes 14.06.18

Present: Sam, Stephen, Deryck, Bob, Jenny, Dan, Sarah T, Matt, Alec, Sarah F, Tim, Sharon and Kerry

Finances

  • Cheque paid into bank.
  • Cash from bank of Tupperware to be done late this week or early next week.

Garage Sale

  • 17 so far for the garage sale.
  • Ray fine with the church doing refreshments. Proceeds from refreshments will go to church funds.
  • Wendy, Joy and Catherine doing cake and tea.

Actions

Claire to push more on Facebook especially the roads where no one signed up yet.

Claire to ask Dean about the banner.

Find someone to collect map sale money and hand out maps.

History Group

  • Another history walk to hopefully be arranged for July for the people who missed the June one.

Actions

Find someone to run the history group.

Organise a centenary event for WW1. History group to lead this rather than NCG.  

Poppies

Helen (parish council clerk) confirmed they had received email about £30 donation and she has emailed the school to see if they wanted to be involved.

Flower Festival

  • 21st July Sharon will be creating the arrangement on behalf of the NCG – Richard III. Location= window sill.
  • Alec offered rambling rose.

Actions

Sarah T to try and source toy soldiers through school.

Bear Hunt

  • How can we find out who is interested about the event?
  • Pombears going in each bag.
  • Sharon needs volunteers to help run the event.

Actions

Sarah F to contact the school and see if they can promote the event.

Grant from Biffa

  • Alec has registered us for a grant where you can get £75,000 towards a community hall as long as it is £200,000.

Christmas Bits

  • Ongoing

Parish Garden

  • Decimation has continued.

Plug and Play

  • Next plug and play is on 19th June and will start at 8.30pm

Speedwatch

  • Sam, Sarah and Deryck Fri afternoon/evening
  • Dan has the speed gun.

Pub Group

  • Plan and five year cash flow progressing.
  • Reach fund application ready to go.
  • Invitation to apply to grant for leadership fund – £50,000.
  • Pub group meeting Fri pm.
  • If we want to get grant/loan from Plunkett then they want to know about social need. We need to find out what existing research there is about social need in the parish.
  • Alec has been spending time speaking to various groups such as Voluntary Action Leicestershire.

 

 

 

Posted in Minutes

June 8th, 2018 by Na1lst0n3

Meeting Minutes 07/06/2018

Nailstone Community Minutes 07.06.18

Present: Alec, Deryck, Janet, Sarah F, Pete, Dan, Claire, Bob, Sarah T, Phil, Sam

Finances

  • Cheque gratefully received from Parish Council to contribute towards printing costs.
  • Cash from bank of Tupperware to be banked and to keep £100 as a float.

Garage Sale

  • 15 people have signed up to the map so far.
  • Advertised in Graphic.
  • Next week make decision about flyer around the village for garage sale.
  • Ask Dean at Graphic how much it would be to get a banner printed.

Action: Bob to speak to Ray about church and teas at garage sale.

 

First History Group Meeting

  • A huge thank you to Kathy for a superb first event.
  • £19.65 was donated to the church
  • 29 people attended the history event.
  • Next date to be decided when people back from holidays.

WW1 Centenary

  • Community group to donate £30 to poppies on lampposts.

Action – Sarah F to suggest Helen to contact school and WI to see if they wish to be involved in poppy sponsorship. Also community group to offer assistance with putting poppies up.

Flower Festival

  • 21st July – theme is local industries.
  • Sharon is doing a flower display.

Grant

  • Bill Crooks has sent through details of a grant available. Sarah F to forward details.

Christmas Card/Calendar/Teatowel

  • Claire to find out pricing of tea towels, Christmas cards and calendar from Dean at graphic.
  • Put photograph competition in the next newsletter – best 13 photos become the calendar.
  • Possibly use historical pictures too.

Parish Garden

  • Residents are upset to see the state of the parish garden.
  • Everything has been strimmed including the flower beds.
  • Possibility of chemicals have been laid, white stuff visible, on herb plants.

Actions – Alec to email parish council about state of parish garden.

Village Tidy

Litter pick and village today – Saturday 7th July.

Posted in Minutes

April 22nd, 2018 by Na1lst0n3

Link to meeting minutes PDF

Nailstone Community Group Minutes 19.04.18

Present: Janet, Bob, Tony, Deryck, Dan, Sarah F, Wendy, Sam, Phil, Tim, Sharon, Alec, Nicki

Quiz – Satuarday 21st

  • Quiz is fully prepared – Thank you Tim.
  • As usual £5 per team and £10 for the winner.
  • Do a raffle.

1st Bank Holiday Event (5th May)

  • Dan will be point of contact for dropping of picker uppers and rubbish collection.
  • Equipment ordered for 25 people.
  • Council wants us to take loads of photos and they will support us.
  • Facebook event created

Actions – Need big push advertising

Saturday May 19th

  • Royal wedding & FA Cup final to be live streamed
  • Put up marquee ready, black out material required (leave up ready for next week)
  • Bring your own picnic/food – plus chip van in the evening
  • Advertise in newsletter & Facebook

Late Bank Holiday (Saturday 26th May)

  • Beer and skittles in marquee on the Saturday evening.
  • Afternoon events – children’s games etc. from last year’s bonanza
  • Agreed food from Meg’s
  • Tickets agreed for £10 each which will give food & 1 raffle plus entry
  • Skittles teams to be drawn at random
  • Additional games on the night
  • Raffle prizes required
  • All above in conjunction with Jim’s beet festival for the weekend

June – Tour de Nailstone

  • Possibly Gate, Rising Sun and the Horse and Jockey.

Garage Sale – Saturday 30th June

  • Church happy to be signing in point & to do teas etc.
  • Leaflet the event separately, put on village website, Facebook etc. and see who wants to participate and then create map.

Actions –Needs to go in May graphic and approach Bob to put sign on his grass so people going past village can see, contact other villages too?

Dog Poo

  • None reported at the moment.
  • Parish clerk has put a notice up on parish website
  • Need to encourage people to report any dog poo issues to street scene rather than Hinckley and Bosworth Council.

Actions – Tony to do Facebook & newsletter post. Will photograph first spray to advertise campaign.

History Group

  • Kathy is happy to resurrect but does not want to run it.
  • Kathy will write a little bit for next newsletter.
  • Kathy will do a walk around the village for those interested in history of village.
  • Kathy already has a few ideas for initial tasks for the group.

Actions – Need to create a facebook post about it.

Newsletter – to be completed before Tuesday 24th

Include:

  • Pub – Alec to provide
  • Book club
  • Litter pick
  • History group – Kathy to provide
  • Annual Parish meeting – 23/5/18 7-8.30pm – PC to provide
  • Update for dog poo & HGV’s – Tony to provide
  • May 19th & 25th events – Sarah
  • Plug & play – Alec
  • Website & new logo (thanks to Richard) – Sam to confirm details for logo

Other business

  • Dan rang street scene – will redo stencils and will put up more eye signs for dog poo.
  • Speed Watch – 14th August? – Claire to confirm slot is still available
  • Tim to organise visit to Snarestone church.
  • Teddy bears picnic/treasure hunt – Sharon to develop idea
  • Additional volunteer required to update website

 

Posted in Minutes

April 17th, 2018 by Na1lst0n3

Nailstone Community Group Minutes 12.04.18

Present: Janet, Bob, Tony, Deryck, Sarah T, Claire, Pete, Dan, Sarah F, Wendy, Sam, Phil, Tim, Alec, Nicki

Quiz – 21/04/2018

  • Quiz is fully prepared – Thank you Tim.
  • As usual £5 per team of up to 4 and £10 for the winner.
  • Do a raffle.

Plug and Play

  • Tuesday 17th April
  • 8.30pm gathering

Actions – Dan will create event on Facebook.

1st Bank Holiday Event (May 5th)

  • Sarah has messaged Rob at Street Scene HBBC. Very pleased that we are litter picking again.
  • Dan will be point of contact for dropping of picker uppers and rubbish collection.
  • Equipment ordered for 25 people.
  • Council wants us to take loads of photos and they will support us.

Actions – Need big push advertising – Graphic? Message school and see if they want to get involved, Facebook event.

Late Bank Holiday

  • Beer and skittles in marquee on the Saturday evening.
  • Afternoon event possibly.

June – Tour de Nailstone

  • Possibly Gate, Rising Sun and the Horse and Jockey.

Garage Sale – Saturday 30th June

  • Need to agree central point to start
  • Leaflet the event separately, put on village website, Facebook etc and see who wants to participate and then create map.

Actions –Needs to go in May graphic and approach Bob B to put sign on his grass so people going past village can see, contact other villages too?

Dog Poo

  • None reported at the moment.
  • Parish clerk has put a notice up on parish website
  • Need to encourage people to report any dog poo issues to street scene rather than Hinckley and Bosworth Council.

Actions – Tony to do Facebook post. Will photograph first spray to advertise campaign.

History Group

  • Kathy is happy to resurrect but does not want to run it.
  • Kathy will write a little bit for next newsletter.
  • Kathy will do a walk around the village for those interested in history of village.
  • Kathy already has a few ideas for initial tasks for the group.

Actions – Need to create a Facebook post about it.

Newsletter

Parish council will pay £100 towards printing of newsletters.

Include:

  • Pub
  • Book club
  • Litter pick
  • History group

Other business

  • Dan rang street scene – they will redo stencils and will put up more eye signs for dog poo.
  • Speed Watch – 14th August? – Claire to remind them of location of Barton Lane
  • Tim to organise visit to Snarestone church.

 

Posted in Minutes